5 Yoga Sequences for the Morning

Morning is my favorite time of the day to do yoga. Practicing in the morning is the best way to wake up both my body and mind for the day ahead. When I do yoga in the morning I find that as the day becomes more hectic, I am better able to handle the stress. Here are my 5 favorite morning yoga sequences. They are all online so you can practice right in your bedroom!



20 Minute Mindful Morning Yoga Practice by Sarah Beth Yoga: This is my go-to morning sequence. Sarah Beth also has a 10 and 30 minute video in this series, but I find this one perfect for my schedule. I love how this sequence stretches out every part of the body and also focuses on waking up the mind. If you need a sequence to get you going before a big day or after a late night this is perfect! 
Find Sarah Beth here!



Energizing Morning Sequence by Yoga with Adriene: This sequence is one I practice very frequently as well. Like the first sequence this is great at stretching out the entire body. However, this sequence also includes more strengthening postures to give a more active wake up. If you want a sequence to really inject a boost of energy into your morning, this is the sequence for you! 
Find Adriene here!



Energizing Morning Yoga Routine by Sarah Beth Yoga: This sequence is great if you need something quick but thorough. A little bit shorter than the previous routines, this practice includes lots of twists to get your body moving and to get that heavy sleep feeling out. After practicing the body feels much more light and mobile for the day ahead.


Graceful Morning Flow by Ruby Lee: I found this routine on the Yoga International website when I was looking for a video that was going to make me sweat (you will have to sign up for a free Yoga International account to view this video). This practice incorporates the same flow multiple times with only minor changes. It's great for getting a full body stretch but also challenging yourself. If you want a more active workout in the morning and plan to get a little sweaty, this is perfect for you! 
Find Ruby Lee here!



15 Minute Morning Yoga to Wake Up by Yoga by Candace: This is a short but sweet video that targets the big muscle groups for a very gentle morning stretch. All the poses are done sitting or kneeling on the ground until the very end when you work into a forward fold. This is the perfect routine for anyone looking for a quick stretch before a busy day.
Find Candace here!


When do you prefer to do yoga?

P.S. the tea of the day is citrus green tea ^_^


Comments