Expeditions in Singing

Tonight at my school we had an event called the I-Carnival. It's an event that showcases the different cultures that are at my university. The evening started off with some yummy food, always the best place to start! 


And look! They even had some iced tea for me to drink! After we ate the delicious food the performances started. There was Tinikling, Chinese fan dances, dancing to K-pop songs and much more. However, by far the best performance of the night and the most embarrassing was when my friends from Japanese class and I sang a Japanese song. 




I'm not much of a performer so it was a bit hard for me to get up on stage and sing, especially since my singing should be reserved for the shower and the car. But my friends were with me so I was able to get through it! Plus, drinking a large mug of Spiced Mandarin Oolong tea as I write this has definitely calmed me down. This was an experience that I was really nervous for but now that it is over I would not trade it for anything in the world. It just goes to show that even if you don't think that you can, we can do ANYTHING that we put our minds to. Even if you are scared or think you are bad or whatever other excuse you use, they don't mean anything. So get out there and take chances! Do things that you don't think you can and prove yourself wrong! 

The lovely ladies who sang with me



Comments