Friday Fun

Yesterday I had a super fun afternoon going to different restaurants around town and catching up with some friends. First, I went to a new bakery in town called Sweet Mama's with my old RA, Abby. They had the most delicious cupcakes ever! 
Abby's strawberry cupcake

My chocolate marshmallow cupcake

The inside of my cupcake

There was so much sugar in the cupcakes they were almost hard to eat! Neither of us could finish the frosting, look how much there is! I think that the frosting alone added 2 inches to the cupcakes. It was really fun catching up with Abby, I hadn't seen her in a few weeks, so we had a lot of fun. My next stop was for dinner. I went to Chipotle with Akari. It was her first time there so it was fun seeing if she would enjoy it. After a little confusion in the line since they push you along so quickly, we finally sat down and Akari thought it was delicious! 
My delicious veggie bowl



Next Akari and I walked over to a tea shop close to Chipotle called Fusion Brew. I had never been there before so I was a bit nervous. Akari told me that I had to try the Milk Bubble Tea. I was a bit nervous since I've never had it before, but she told me it is quite popular in Japan so I thought I should give it a shot. If it's what I'll be drinking all the time when I go to Japan I should know if I like it! 

Trying Taro Milk Bubble tea!


The tea ended up being delicious and I can't wait to go get some again! My final stop of the night was with my Bible study group Intervarsity. We went on a froyo crawl and stopped at all 3 froyo bars in town. First was Chill Out! Akari came along with us so we split all our treats since we were so full from dinner!
Our first bowl!

After Chill Out! we walked up the street a bit and went to the new froyo bar called Cocomero. 
Our second creation!


My roomie and I enjoying some froyo (^^)

Our final stop of the night was Cherry Berry. 
The last bowl!


It was a bit hard to eat this last bowl. I ate so much food in the afternoon that I felt like I was going to explode! All in all it was a very fun day! I got to spend a lot of quality time with my friends and eat a lot of delicious food. However, I think today I'm going to just drink Raspberry Zinger tea all day because I'm still so full!

Comments