Teen Years Are Over

This weekend flew by so quickly! I've been so busy hanging out with so many friends that the time went so fast! Friday was my 20th birthday, so I was celebrating all weekend. Thursday nights I work at my schools library until 2 am, so when I got back my roommate was waiting for me. She and my other suitemates had decorated the suite for us (one of my other roommates has the same exact birthday as me). 
My roommate always makes signs using the Ermahgerd language on our birthdays
Here's my Ermahgerd sign with a super embarrassing picture of me

On Friday I still had to go to class. It was a bit hard sitting through lecture when all I wanted to do was go hang out with my friends, but I still did it. When classes were finally over I went with some girls to get cupcakes from my favorite shop right now, Sugar Mama Bakery. (I think in a previous post I called it Sweet Mama's, sorry for the mistake!) The cupcakes were again super delicious! We also stopped at a coffee shop called Coffee Hound and got some warm drinks. 
Hot chocolate

My Salted Caramel Cupcake

Amy's Chocolate cupcake

Akari got 2 small cupcakes, Salted Caramel and Red Velvet

Abby's Red Velvet cupcake

Akari and Abby enjoying their treats!

My wonderful roomie, Amy, and I

When I got back to my dorm the cake that my parents and grandma had ordered was waiting for me. Through my school parents cake order a cake for special occasions and they will be delivered right to your dorm. 

Later that night the other birthday girls parents took our whole suite out to dinner. We went to a delicious restaurant called Medici. It was a blast! 

From left to right: Amy (the other birthday girl), Amy, and Cynthia


From closest to farthest: Ali, Mal and Abigail

I had a Spicy Black Bean Burger with fries

Amy's parents surprised us with this cake at the restaurant!

Later Friday night one of my friends and I went to a couple parties. My good friends birthday was on Saturday so his frat threw him a party. We stopped at that and then went to another party after. It was a fun night full of dancing, the perfect way to end my birthday night! On Saturday I just hung around my room. Everyone was pretty busy with other things so I just did some homework. Then on Saturday night I got together with some of the girls in my Japanese class. We had our own little party in the dorm. We listened to music, danced, practiced Japanese late at night (I was terrible) and just got to know each other better. These are the girls that I will be spending a lot of time together with when I am abroad in Japan next year, so it was good to spend some time with them! Overall it was a fantastic birthday weekend. The perfect way to say goodbye to my teen years and bring in the start of a new decade of my life. Here are the wonderful gifts that my friends got me!
Akari surprised me with some nice chopsticks and Japanese candy!

Chi gave me a cute little notebook from Vietnam. The paper is handmade! She also used this cute headband with bow to wrap it. I'm not sure if it was part of the gift or just wrapping, but I love it so I am going to use it as a headband (^^)

My roomie got me a little travel journal, a funny book about Japan, a coupon for  a meal on her, and a new Breakfast At Tiffany's travel tea mug!

A cute little bookmark and note from my parents

Abby gave me my favorite tea right now, I am so obsessed! (Also, this is the tea I am drinking right now)

Finally, Cynthia got me a cute pillow pet. It's a little baby lady bug that we named Penelope!


Comments