Adventures at the Dells




 This past Monday a couple girls and I went to the Dells just to get away from campus and because our friend and Japanese tutor, Akari, is leaving to go back to Japan on Friday. It was a short trip but super fun. Right now I am on a short break between the end of finals and the beginning of May Term, a month long term to get gen-eds out of the way. Since I live too far away I didn't go home, so it was nice to go on a little trip with my friends. On the way there it took us about 4 hours to get to the Dells. Abby drove the entire way there and back (snaps for Abby!) and the rest of us just talked and slept. Since I was in the passenger seat it was my job to DJ the car rides. It was so much fun getting to choose all the songs that we were listening to! 

Our wonderful driver

The girls in the back seat


These two got a little sleepy


Pit stop at Wendy's for lunch

When we finally reached the Dells we checked into our hotel and went right to the water park. It was so much fun! We went down the slides, floated around the lazy river, and sat in the hot tub. We only stayed for about 2 hours, but it was still a blast. It was plenty of time to try everything they had to offer. One of the most exciting parts of the day was when I went down a super scary slide. I'm not usually one for big slides, but I thought I would give it a try. It was a body slide that started off in a slow circle, but then all of a sudden ended with a drop practically straight down. I was extremely nervous, but Chi went with me and talked me into going down the slide. I am so glad that I did. At first I was really scared, but after I went down I got such a rush that I just started laughing. It was very fun! After we were done at the water park we went back to the hotel to get all dolled up for dinner. 

The hotel

Cute room number signs

Abby and I waiting for the others to get ready

Chi doing Akari's hair

Cuties walking to the restaurant

The restaurant we went to was called High Rock Cafe. It was one of the best restaurants I have ever been to! Everyone's food was very good, but I ate so much I thought my sides were going to split open!

The restaurant

Fancy menu

Abby and Chi

Crab cake appetizer

Calamari appetizer

My wasabi shrimp wrap

Pop rock cheesecake (the pop rocks made the cake fizz when you ate it!)

Homemade Kit-Kats

After dinner we went back to the hotel and just spent more time hanging out. The next morning we left pretty early so we would have time to stop at a Japanese supermarket, Mitsuwa, on the way back to campus. Akari says that it is almost the same as supermarkets in Japan. We spent a few hours eating in the cafeteria and shopping around. I became so much more excited to go to Japan next year after going to a real Japanese supermarket! I only have 4 more months until I go ^_^ 


Shrimp curry udon 

I found the tea section!

Of course I also found the bookstore :)

My purchases from Mitsuwa

Sitting here writing this (without tea because I just drank a full personal pot of Jasmine tea at dinner) I just want to go back! It was so much fun spending time with my friends away from campus. Usually when we hang out we just stay at school, so it was really fun to be able to go somewhere new with them! It was also a fantastic goodbye trip for Akari. I can't believe that she is leaving in a few days! But, on the plus side, in only 4 months I will be with her in Japan! I hope that we all can go on another trip like this when we are all together in Japan ^_^













Comments