Time Traveling Dreams


I've often thought about what time period I would want to live in if I could choose. For a while I bounced between the Victorian Era, the 20's-30's and the 50's-60's. They all seemed so fun and exciting and different from each other. Recently, as I fully find who I am, I have been drifting closer and closer to the 50's-60's. It wasn't until this past Friday, when I watched Dirty Dancing for the first time (by the way, thank you Amy for showing me this movie), that this was really cemented in my head. I realized that I love this time period. Everything from the fashion to the music to the movies that were made at this time, I love it all. 






If I could go back to any time this is the time I would go to. The period that brought us movies like Breakfast At Tiffany's, The Sound of Music, The Great Escape and North By Northwest. The time that brought us music from Elvis, Etta James, Mickey and Sylvia and Solomon Burke (I am much less well versed in this time periods music so excuse my random choices). 




Sitting here drinking Hibiscus Berry tea I'm making plans to build myself a time machine. That is the only way I'll be able to realize my dream of at least visiting this time period. Unless the Doctor is real and he can come take me! (Any Doctor Who fans out there?) So, here's to dreaming about the impossible and using it to make your life that much better! Now tell me, if you could travel/live in any time period, when would you choose?





Comments