Warrior Dash 2013

Striking a fierce pose before the race




Me coming into the finish line

Finished!


After Dash swag

Warrior Dash T-shirts

Today my dad, brother and I participated in our third Warrior Dash. It's a muddy, obstacle course, 5K race that raises money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital. As usual we had a great time! Also as usual I came in last for the family. I like to make the boys feel good about themselves and let them win. When we first checked in to the race they separated us by gender and gave us different shirts. Boys got the shirt with the beard and girls the one with the pigtails. When I figured this out I was angry. I don't know if it's because one of my friends is obsessed with beards or if I'm just weird, but I wanted the guy shirt! So, I went to the booth and asked for the beard shirt. Luckily they didn't ask any questions and just gave me the shirt. Now I have my bearded man shirt!  It's going to be sad next year when I am not able to run the Warrior Dash with the boys. I'll still be in Japan, so I'll  miss the Dash. However, they do have a Warrior Dash in Japan, so maybe I'll have to try that one out! If you want to learn more about the Warrior Dash go to http://www.warriordash.com/index.php

Comments