Summer Adventure #1: Exploring Red Wing

The other day my mom and I decided that it would be fun to go and explore the city of Red Wing. For the past month of summer I have been super lazy and I haven't really left the house. Now that I have been here for a while I was starting to get a bit stir-crazy. Since I didn't have to work and she had a half day it was the perfect chance to get out and have some fun!




Our first stop was an all natural little co-op that had a deli in back. The sandwiches were so good! We also got these Joia sodas which are super delicious! I had the one with ginger in it. I have been a little obsessed with ginger lately so I was really excited that they had a soda with ginger in it. 


Red Wing has a big shoe factory so there were some of these giant shoes scattered around the city. How cool would it be to have shoes painted like this?!




After walking through some of the shops we found this old theater. It is the oldest municipally-owned theater in the United States. 





Right outside the theater was this beautiful little park dedicated to our countries soldiers. You can tell they put a lot of work into keeping the park nice for everyone who wants to walk through it. 


The scenery around Red Wing is gorgeous. This is one of the main streets of the city. 




Goofing off down by the river ^_^




There were a lot of other people sitting on the swings and benches down by the river. It's a really pretty spot and has some nice trails for walking and plenty of room for kids to come and play. 




We found this fountain by the Red Wing Shoe building. I had to get a picture by the statue of the girl reading because she is reading "Winnie the Pooh" by A. A. Milne which was one of mine and my mom's favorite books when I was little. 


On our way out of town we stopped by the Red Wing Confectionery and I got some ice cream. It was some of the best raspberry chocolate chip ice cream I have had!


Our last stop was the antique shop on the outskirts of the city. I found this awesome picnic basket for only $15. I've been wanting one for a long time so I'm glad I finally found one! I'm excited to go on summer picnics with my new basket!

P.S. The tea I am drinking is iced lemon ginger. Since it's summer I'm starting to try out my hand at making my own iced tea. It's pretty easy since you just cool down the hot tea, but you have to make sure to steep it for longer otherwise the taste will be different. 

Comments