Spring Break Trip: Singapore!

If any of you follow my Instagram then you will know that I have been on vacation for the past week and a half. My friend Elena and I went to Singapore and Thailand! Our first stop was Singapore. We got into the airport pretty late on Friday night, and Elena's friend who we stayed with, Howie, picked us up at the airport and brought us to dinner and then back to the apartment we were staying in. It was a very nice place and I am so grateful that we were able to stay there! The second day Elena and I decided to go check out Sentosa Island since all the things online told us to go there. Sentosa was a gorgeous area, and it didn't hurt that the weather was absolutely perfect! We had a nice walk around the island and relaxed by the beach for a while before heading back to the main area of Singapore.

Taking the cable car to Sentosa Island






Heading back to the main city area



After Sentosa we headed into the main downtown area and just explored. Some of the skyline views really reminded me of Chicago! Elena and I were very proud of ourselves for getting around on the public transportation by ourselves, but then again, after Tokyo I think any public transportation will be a piece of cake.





Saturday night we went clubbing with Howie and some of his friends. It was a super fun night, but if you are planning on going out in Singapore be warned! It is very expensive! I paid at least 3 times more than I usually do when I go out in Tokyo. 

The next day, Sunday, was our last day in Singapore. We had heard good things about the Singapore zoo so we decided to go check it out. I'm glad we did, because it was probably the most beautiful zoo I have ever been to. Almost all the exhibits were outside, and the animals seemed to have a lot more room than they do in America. We also got to see some cool animals that you aren't able to see in American zoos. 

The pygmy hippo, my new favorite animal







Our next stop was to wander around Orchard Road a little bit. This was like a mix between Shibuya and Ginza. The stores were all very nice and designer label, things I would never be able to afford. But the amount of people made me feel like I was winding my way through Shibuya. If I am ever rich and live in Singapore I definitely want to do some shopping on Orchard Road! Sunday night we went to the Gardens by the Bay, but I didn't take any pictures while we were there since we got there so late and it was pretty much closed. We went to see the Avatar tree exhibit which was pretty cool. They were these metal tree structures that are all lit up. I wish we would have gotten there earlier so we could walk along the tops of the trees, but not all my dreams can come true (or so I have been told) ^^

Singapore was a great time and I am so happy we were able to make a stop there! Thanks to everyone in Singapore who made the trip absolutely perfect! 

P.S. The tea of the day is green tea ^_^

Comments