Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden

Last Saturday I spent most of my day wandering around 新宿御苑 or Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. It is a pretty famous park that has a traditional Japanese garden, an English landscape garden, a French formal garden and a greenhouse. I picked the absolute perfect day to explore. The sun was out and it was around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Here are some snaps from around the garden!


A 楽羽亭 (traditional tea house)







Pretty plant in the greenhouse

I thought these were the funniest and cutest little cactus shrubs ever

I would definitely recommend going to the garden if you are in Tokyo and looking for something to do on a nice day. I had a blast just wandering around by myself, but I saw so many people having picnics and just hanging out in the grass. If you want to try to see most of the garden though make sure you set aside plenty of time, it is very big and there is so much to see!

P.S. the tea of the day is orange & honey

P.P.S. If anyone has any suggestions of places that I could go around Tokyo on a day off I would love to hear!



Comments