A Day in the Life

Now that June has started I have really begun thinking about how little time I have left here in Japan. I was thinking about the blogs I have posted, and what things I still want to write about in my time left, when I realized I never wrote a post sharing what my daily life is like here. My daily life in Japan is very similar to my daily life back in the US, but just in case anyone had unrealistic expectations about what I have been doing most days I am here to prove you wrong! 


My day starts out with breakfast in the dorm. They switch between serving a Western meal and a Japanese meal during the week. This day was Japanese, so we had miso soup, rice, some stir fried veggies and some seaweed. On days with a Western meal we typically have bread, eggs, salad, and soup. 


Ready to go to school! I only have morning class a few days a week, but luckily my morning classes are at Hiyoshi campus, which is only 1 train station away from where I live, so I don't have a long morning commute.


Walking from the station to campus. If you get to campus early the crosswalk is pretty empty, like this day. However, if you get to campus right before classes start the crosswalk is packed and it is super hard to move. You are basically herded along by all the people until you reach the other side. 


Waiting for class to start.



Since most of my days I have either a morning class and an afternoon class, or only afternoon class, I typically return home and do a short workout before I head back to class. This gives me a nice break in my day, and I don't have to exercise at around 8 P.M. when I return home. 


After exercising I usually find food at the conbini (short for convenience store). My dorm serves me breakfast and dinner, so I don't stock much food in my room. The conbini has relatively healthy and cheap options for lunch. 


Studying hard on the train! My afternoon classes are all at Mita campus, which is about 45 minutes away by train. Most days I spend the time studying for classes or reading a book. 



Waiting for my afternoon class to start. 


My afternoon classes end at 6 P.M. so after class I return home and eat dinner. When I get back to my room, usually around 8 P.M., I spend some time just talking to friends on Facebook, reading my blogs, or relaxing somehow. 


Some final studying before bed! 

So there you have it, my typical weekday in Japan! I wish my normal day was more exciting, but since I am here for school, I spend most of my time doing everything I do at uni in the US. 

P.S. the tea of the day is jasmine tea ^_^


Comments