Rambling About Life

I recently received some advice from one of my good friends. We were hanging out, just talking about life, and he said something along the lines of "no matter what the situation is, before you make your decision be sure you are OK with it." While this seems super simple, it was so profound for me at that moment. 


I feel like so many times we make decisions based on how we think other people will react or what we think is good for us. For me this leads to a lot of doubt about the things that I am doing and fear that people won't react in the way that I want them to.


My friends advice made me realize some things about myself. After coming back from studying in Japan for a year I thought I was completely comfortable in my own skin. While this is true in some respects, I understand now that loving myself is a process. It's something I have to constantly work at each day as the circumstances and people that surround me change. Happiness won't find me magically; I have to actively seek situations and people that make me happy or I could find myself in a place that isn't what I want.


I also realized that I let other people make my decisions for me too often. I need to learn to be more selfish. I should stand up for what I want and how I want my life to be. If I just let people guide me through a life that they want for me I will just end up unhappy. I think we could all be a bit more selfish when it comes to dictating how our lives should be led. 


Apologies on the large gaps between my posts. The student life is getting to me and I feel like I have no time for anything but studying. However, after reading this post from Zoella,I felt inspired to write more and create my own happy space on the internet. I'm going to try to write at least one post a week, even if I have nothing super exciting to talk about. Hmmm, maybe a new notebook will help to motivate me to brainstorm ideas ^_-


P.S. the tea of the day is limeade twist ^_^ I've been drinking this constantly lately, so I think when I go home I'll have to ask my papa to buy me some more!

Comments