My Favorite Memories from University

I decided since I'm almost done with uni (and since my friend Katie requested it) that I would write a post about my favorite memories from uni. I have absolutely loved my years here and I am so sad to see them go! Here's why I loved them so much!


1. Study abroad. During my third year I went and spent the year at Keio University in Japan. I don't want to say that this was the best year of my life since every year is special to me. However, this definitely was a year I will never forget and I learned so many things from it. Growing up I never took trips outside the country. My family isn't wealthy, so our family vacations were camping trips mostly around the Midwest US with a few bigger trips (like Disney) thrown into the mix. Therefore, leaving the country for the first time, on my own, for a whole year, was a huge step. I'm so glad I didn't think too much about it and just took the leap! 


2. Making all my new friends. I'm from Minnesota so when I decided to go to a small, private school in Illinois it was understood that I wouldn't know anyone at school. The same thing happened when I went to Japan for a year by myself. I was extremely lucky when I took these two steps that I made so many amazing friends. Even though there were some hard times being so far from home, I wouldn't trade the friends I have made for anything. 

3. Leaving home. This sounds really negative but trust me, I don't mean it in a negative way! I learned so many things when I left home and had to figure everything out for myself. I was already pretty independent growing up, but leaving home took that to a new level. I feel completely comfortable going to the hospital alone, going through airports alone, doing all the housework that needs to be done, etc. I really feel like I wouldn't have understood any of this if I lived 2-3 hours away from my family. I know that my family will always be there for me if I need them, but now I know that I don't always need them. I am capable of taking care of myself. 


4. Living with my best friends. Sometimes when I think about how outgoing I've become during my years at uni I am still amazed. I truly believe that this is because I was living with my friends. We were always doing something together and I was always meeting new people through them. I have so many memories of crazy, silly late nights with these girls; things that never would have happened if I just went home at the end of the day. 

What are your guys' favorite memories from uni? 

P.S. the tea of the day is green tea ^_^

P.P.S. I have an exciting project coming up so look out for a blog post about it this weekend!


Comments