Things That Made Me Smile #5

Happy Sunday! First, I just want to mention that I have a new blog profile picture! My friend Dan was kind enough to snap some pictures of me for the blog and I absolutely love how they turned out! Below are a few more shots from the shoot ^_^



On to the main post! This week was a really nice week and there were so many things that made me smile that it was hard to choose only four to share with you! 


1. Soup when sick. I got a little cold this week so I've been eating lots of soup. I love soup all the time but there is something so delicious and comforting about soup when you aren't feeling 100%. Don't you guys agree?

2. Taking time to speak with friends. I feel like we get so caught up in our busy lives sometimes that we push our friends to the side. We tell ourselves that when we are less busy we will make time for a quick phone call or dinner. This week I tried to make more of a conscious effort not to do that. Even if it was just for 15 minutes I attempted to take  time away from my work and really listen to what they were saying. After all, relationships are the most important thing in our lives!


3. Writing in cursive. I've always wanted to write more in cursive. However, I'm not very quick at it so I don't use cursive when I'm taking notes in class or things like that. I've been trying lately to write more in cursive in things like letters or to-do lists. I think my cursive handwriting is really improving!

4. Practicing Japanese. After coming home from Japan I had limited opportunities to practice Japanese. It makes me so happy when I can watch some Japanese TV or speak to one of the Japanese exchange students here, my friend Moe. Even if it's not every day I feel like this really helps me keep up my Japanese!

What made you guys smile this week?

P.S. the tea of the is raspberry pineapple white tea ^_^

Comments

  1. yay for your Japanese! :) i also like cursive handwriting :))

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae! I know, isn't writing in cursive so much prettier than just regular printing?

      Delete

Post a Comment