Journaling


About a week ago I picked up the book Aim True by Kathryn Budig at my local library. In the book she discusses yoga, a healthy diet, and finding balance in life. I've loved reading the book so far and learning the many insights she has into yoga and life. However, my favorite part of the book has been the short sections she sets out for journaling. Budig asks the reader to stop, think, and write about her topic. In this way the reader can come to a better understanding of the topic as it pertains to them personally.

This style of directed journaling has been very inspiring as I have worked through the book. For a long time I have been wanting to spend more time writing; I have always loved to write but found it difficult to pick up a pen if I didn't know exactly what my inspiration was. By having the focus of a topic, I have found myself more excited and more likely to journal. This has also kept me thinking of new things, writing about different things, not simply journaling when I am extra emotional about an event during the day. 

Writing in this way has driven me to set a new intention. I am going to choose a topic once a week and write about it. It could be anything from a room in a house, to a type of animal, or a question I have been pondering. There are so many opportunities! I can't wait to see how my writing expands and develops as I do this. 

What tools do you use to keep yourself motivated to write?

P.S. the tea of the day is peppermint tea ^_^

Comments