Weekly Inspiration: Keep Going


I absolutely love this quote! I am constantly feeling like I should be improving or learning things faster than I am. I want to go from a beginner to a master in something without any of the process or work to get there. For example, instead of practicing yoga and studying every day, I just want to be able to do advanced poses and know all about the philosophy. This often makes me feel like I am not making any progress and that I am stuck in the same place.

However, the thing I am constantly reminding myself is that the process is the exciting part! It's fun to learn a new pose or to discover new ideas through reading. Without enjoying the process of getting to the destination, how will I ever appreciate the things that I have learned? Those small aha moments or the feeling of nailing a pose I have been working on are the moments that make all the hard work worth it. 

This means that I have been trying to slow down and every moment. Instead of becoming impatient while reading a book, I am working on letting myself become fully engrossed in each part of the book. If I am going through a yoga sequence, I try to listen to my body in every single movement and pose instead of looking toward what's coming next. In this way I focus more on learning and exploring, instead of always trying to be one step ahead of myself. 

What do you do when you are getting impatient with your progress?

P.S. the tea of the day is chai tea ^_^

XOXO Taylor

Comments