Weekly Inspiration: Let Your Heart Breathe


I saw this quote and I knew I had to share it this week!

I've always had this feeling like if I wasn't writing something perfectly the first time, I just shouldn't write. When I was younger I always enjoyed writing for fun. I have always been a bookworm, so it was only natural that at some point during my childhood I decided that I wanted to be an author when I grew up. However, along the way I got the idea into my head that good writers had amazing stories pop out of their heads and onto the paper, fully intact. I thought that if I couldn't do that there was no way I could be a writer.

Now, years later, I realize how incredibly silly that is. Every idea, every story, starts out as a draft; something that's in your heart in that moment. With editing, research, and lots of work, that idea might become a finished piece that will be published. However, if we don't let our hearts breathe, our ideas will never come to fruition. So let's all let our creativity flow. Write down that idea in your head, sketch the picture you keep imagining, or play around with that new knitting pattern. Who knows what we will be able to create!

What would you say if you let your heart breathe?

P.S. the tea of the day is Teavana Pineapple Kona Pop ^_^

Comments