October Favorites


Is it really already November? I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by! I feel like I've barely gotten used to it being October and now the month is already over! Anyhow, here are a few things I really enjoyed this month!

English Breakfast Tea. This month instead of chai tea I've been drinking English Breakfast tea, and I really like it! It's not as sweet as chai, but I am enjoying the change of something sweet to something bold and hearty as the weather changes. I mix in about 1 tsp of sugar and a few splashes of milk after steeping the tea. This is quickly become my new favorite drink during the week and on weekends.

The Shining. I finished The Shining about a week before Halloween and I loved it. I had seen the movie a few months ago and I thought it was creepy, but not too scary. The book, however, was much scarier! I loved how it was set up; the beginning was a lot of foreshadowing and I could really feel him building to his crescendo. Then, during the second half of the book everything happened quickly and my heart would start racing each time I picked it up. I was reading this in the evenings after work and I had to ask Dan to walk around the house with me when it got dark because I was so freaked out! I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for something creepy.

Vacation. My vacation with Dan up to Minnesota was probably my favorite part of the month! It was so nice to see our families and get a few days to relax away from work. I can't wait until we take another vacation! Where should we go next?

Halloween. I've always enjoyed Halloween, especially because of the traditions we had as kids. My family would always make Jack-o-lantern pizzas before trick or treating and it made the evening so special. This year, Dan and I cheated and just ordered in a pizza, but I had the best time! We watched an old Goosebumps TV show episode and then an episode from Black Mirror while handing out candy to the kids out trick or treating. A perfect Halloween night! 

What things did you love about last month?

P.S. the tea of the day is citrus green tea ^_^

Comments