A Day at Home

Happy Friday!

Since we have all been spending so much time at home I thought that I would share a typical day in my life when I am not at work. My job is still on a two week rotation schedule and right now I am back at work. The next time I am off I will be back to following this routine.


Exercise and Meditate. Each morning I wake up and do some form of exercise and meditation. My fiance is still going to work every day so I have been waking up at my normal time with him. I decided to keep doing my exercise and meditation at more or less the same time so that when I get back to a normal work schedule my internal clock won't be too far off.

Get ready for the day. I like getting dressed for the day and doing my skincare routine so that I feel more prepared for the day. I find that when I stay in my pajamas I am much less motivated to do anything during the day. Even if I just throw on a pair of yoga pants and a sweater I find it makes a difference in my day.


Breakfast. After my fiance goes to work I make myself breakfast and relax a bit by either reading or watching YouTube videos. When I am on my normal work schedule I tend to eat on my way to work so it's nice to have a more relaxed breakfast time. 

Study. I just finished my spring semester about two weeks ago so until this point I would study for a few hours after breakfast. Now that I'm on a break until my summer semester starts I'm using this time to work on my blog or any other "business" type things I want to get done that day.


Relax & lunch. After working for a few hours I relax and eat lunch. During this time I might read, watch TV, go for a walk, or really anything else I feel like doing. I've gotten back into playing this Harry Potter game on my phone and I just love it. It's such a cute game and it's a nice way to relax throughout the day.

Clean. Part of keeping myself feeling good throughout the day is keeping our house clean. I've been trying to clean or pick up the house a bit each day so that it doesn't get too messy while I am lounging around each day. Mostly this includes doing the dishes I make while snacking throughout the day!


Relax. At this point I've done everything I wanted to get done and I just relax some more. Lots of what I've been doing is reading and I have read so many books at this point. I'm really enjoying losing myself in a good book!


Dinner. I've been trying out lots of recipes during this time and I love having the time to cook more time intensive recipes. Normally I try to find recipes that will take less than an hour to make after work so it's been fun to take more time since I can start cooking in the afternoon. This is my favorite taco filling from Chelea's Messy Apron.

Spending time together. Once my fiance gets home from work I just relax with him. Especially now that my semester is over we have really been enjoying having more time to chat and relax together.

What have you been doing with more time at home?

Thanks for reading, I'll see you next time!

Comments