Road Trip Essentials

Happy Friday!

Next week I will be making a road trip to see my parents! It takes a full day of driving to get from where I live to their house so I thought I would share my road trip essentials for a long drive. Keep reading to see what I always bring on a road trip!


Healthy snacks. I love to have plenty of healthy snacks with me. From where I live to my parents house is about an 8 hour drive so I like to have a smoothie as my breakfast, fruit, and other healthy snacks with me for the day. This helps to keep me energized and limits any gas station purchases along the way!

Water. I try to drink water consistently throughout my drive. I might not drink as much as normal when I'm at home or work (mostly so I don't have to stop every hour) but I do try to consistently sip at my water. Being in the car can feel very dehydrating and I do my best to stay hydrated throughout the day.

Simple vegan lunch of our Chickpea Sunflower Salad Sandwich recipe

Packed lunch. To avoid picking up something through a drive through I pack my own lunch. I usually stop about halfway through to get gas and eat my lunch. This time I plan to make this sandwich!

Audio book. I found very early on when making this trip to my parents that it was great to have an audio book. I love listening to music but sometimes the music is not enough to hold my attention and keep me alert. I love audio books to help keep me focused while driving.


Downloaded music. Speaking of music, rather than just constantly scanning for a radio station I download plenty of music to listen to. My fiance and I use Spotify so I either download playlists or make my own before a drive to sing along to!

Printed directions. This is purely a comfort thing for me. Even though I've made the drive to and from my parents house at least 20 times I still like to have a paper copy of directions. Even if I only glance at it one time during the drive it eases my anxiety and I don't have to worry about pulling over to look at my phone. 

Those are all the things I like to have with me to make my drive easier and healthier! What are your road trip essentials?

Thanks for reading, I'll see you next time!


Comments