Favorite Movie/TV Adaptations

Happy Friday! Now that I’m done with school I’ve been thinking of all the things I can do with more free time. My fiancé and I definitely want to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy again. This got me thinking of my favorite movie and TV adaptations of books that I’ve read. Below I share my top five, enjoy!

Amazon.com: Lord of the Rings - Trilogy Movie Poster: Lord Of The ...

Lord of the Rings. I saw the LOTR movies long before I ever read the books and I loved them. When I did read the books I enjoyed them but I realized how well done the movies are. The plot is pretty accurate to the books with some changes for timing and action purposes. I thought the casting was fantastic and the costumes were extremely well done. In comparison to the books the movies were much faster paced; I actually enjoyed this because the amount of detail in the books sometimes made it hard for me to keep reading.

Practical Magic. I watched this movie a few times before I read the book. I always loved the casting, particularly Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. The main thing that I would have liked to see in the movie was the larger span of time to see the kids grow up like they do in the book. However, I think the changes that were made for the movie make sense and it’s a perfect movie for autumn.

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008) - Movie Review / Film Essay

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. I absolutely adore this movie and I was so excited to pick up the book. Every time I watch the movie I think about how perfectly the characters are cast; Amy Adams and Frances McDormand are wonderful in their roles. I loved the costumes and how accurate the movie was to the book. When I read the book I expected there to be more differences but the plot was almost exactly the same. 

Chocolat. This was a movie I had seen a few times before reading the book. I always thought the story was cute and I picked the book to read with my mom because of the mother-daughter relationship at the story's center. I loved how accurate the movie was to the book's plot and I thought the changes made, particularly at the end of the movie, made sense since the books continue in a series but the movies did not. 

Four lessons Game of Thrones can teach us about branding - 99designs

Game of Thrones. I started reading GOT right before watching the first season of the show. I love how intricate and detailed the books are and I think that this came across well in the show. I thought the casting for the show was well done and the costumes seemed well done for the most part. I am excited to read the last books when they come out and see how they compare to the ending of the show!

Thanks for reading, I’ll see you next time!





Comments