Favorite Vegan Recipes So Far

Happy Friday! I transitioned to being vegan about two months ago after approximately five years of being vegetarian and I have been loving trying out new recipes. Below are five of our favorite recipes so far!

Sweet and Sour Tofu. My fiancĂ© and I absolutely love this dish. This is probably the best tasting tofu that I have ever made. My fiancĂ© is not vegan and only enjoys tofu sometimes and he asks me to make this almost every week now! Plus, it is super easy to make and isn't very time consuming. 

Mushroom Stroganoff. I tried this recipe recently and was pleasantly surprised! I didn't quite know what to expect from the flavor but I thought it was wonderful; the mushrooms were not at all overpowering. This would be a great meal particularly in the fall. 


Spaghetti alla Puttanesca. This is a very quick recipe. The first time I made it I thought it would be much more time consuming but it took less than 30 minutes! I love the flavor with the olives and capers and think this is a fun dish for a fancier seeming pasta.

Cinnamon Rolls. I made these for a Sunday breakfast a few weeks ago and we were absolutely blown away! I made them with the vegan cream cheese frosting and they were some of the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had. They take a little bit more time to make but altogether not more than an hour and a half including their rising time. The only change I would make would be cutting back on some of the sugar because the sweetness is a bit strong if you eat a whole cinnamon roll. 


Hummus Pasta. I’ve made this pasta a few times and it is quickly becoming a favorite! I love how creamy the pasta is with the hummus sauce and the lime adds a wonderful flavor. I added in fresh tomato when I made it and I thought it was a great addition. Also, this recipe doesn’t take more than 30 minutes which makes it the perfect weeknight meal!

Thanks for reading, I’ll see you next time!

Comments