Weekly Inspiration: Gratitude


In my post on Thursday (see here) I spoke about the gratitude journal that I have been trying to write in every morning. I have found that even on the hard days, when I am stressed or upset about something, it is still very easy to find 10 things to be grateful for. This habit helps me keep perspective on the day. Just because something annoying happened the previous day or in the morning, it doesn't have to taint the whole day. By stopping and thinking about the good things in the midst of those negative feelings, I've found that my mood starts to improve immediately.

At the end of the day, if I notice that something has upset me or I start feeling down, I can just look back at my list and remember all the things I was grateful for that morning. In this way the journal serves 2 purposes; thinking about the things I am grateful for in the morning, and providing me a boost during the middle or end of the day if something starts to get me down. With this journal I have found myself fully appreciating each and every day.

Do you have a different way of keeping track of things you are grateful for? Tell me about it!

P.S. the tea of the day is green tea with ginseng ^_^

Comments