Weekly Happiness #3


Happy Monday! How was everyone's week last week? The week was a busy but a good one for me. Lots of little things to make me smile even though the week flew past! 

Last weekend my boyfriend and I went on vacation. It was a much needed little break for both of us. My favorite part was showing my boyfriend, Dan, around Minnesota. He had never been and it was so fun to show him around where I grew up with my parents! We also got to see his family in Illinois on our way back home so it was the perfect little trip. We both felt that when we got back to work we were refreshed and ready to get back into the swing of things. Check out the pictures I took here

This weekend was Homecoming for my college which is always a fun time of year. On Friday evening Dan and I headed over to a bar in town to meet up with some of his fraternity brothers. It was nice to see some people who have moved out of state and to meet new people! There was such a mix of people who had been active in the fraternity just a few years ago to people who had been active back in the 80's or 90's; I loved seeing how they still come back to see each other!

This weekend I ended up seeing a few friends that I haven't seen in a while. One of my friends moved to Missouri earlier this year and I haven't had a chance to head down and see her. On Friday she was driving through town on her way back home and I got to see her on my lunch break. It was wonderful to catch up with her, even if only for an hour! I also saw a few friends who came into town for Homecoming. With our work schedules it has been harder to find the time to drive and see each other, so I hadn't seen them in at least a few months. We went out to grab a coffee and we sat chatting and catching up for a few hours. Hopefully it won't be so long until we see each other again!

I decided to read The Shining as my creepy Halloween book this year. I started it early since it was a bigger book, but I am flying through it! I'll probably be done with it well before Halloween! I saw the movie for the first time earlier this year, so I know the general plot of the book. However, I have felt that I am getting much more detail about the different events by reading the book. I can't wait to keep reading it! 

What made you happy this week?

P.S. the tea of the day is citrus green tea ^_^



Comments